Mar 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EST
Or both. According to Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles, right-handed reliever Ronald Belisario has yet to report to spring training and has missed three scheduled appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela that would have helped clear up his visa issues and allowed him to travel.
Belisario, for whatever reason, has shown little motivation to report to the Dodgers’ spring training complex and it’s caught the ire of the wrong man. Here’s Dodgers GM Ned Colletti:
“You would think that when you have the opportunity to make a living
throwing a baseball, and the opportunity presents itself to pitch in the
big leagues, support your family and build a career, that would be
something you would pursue to the fullest.”
The 27-year-old posted an impressive 2.04 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 70 2/3 innings out of the Dodgers’ bullpen last season. He needs to make a beeline for Glendale, Arizona.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)