Mar 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Back in January, Jim Riggleman said he might use Eddie Guardado or Sean Burnett to close things
out against strong left-handed lineups because “all I want is to
make sure we get the outs.” As of this morning it’s just gonna be Burnett. Everyday Eddie was released after two innings of spring training work.
Don’t cry for Eddie, though. He throws baseballs with his left arm, and that’s the closest thing to guaranteed employment this side of Dennis Van Roekel’s deepest fantasies.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)