Mar 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Back in January, Jim Riggleman said he might use Eddie Guardado or Sean Burnett to close things
out against strong left-handed lineups because “all I want is to
make sure we get the outs.” As of this morning it’s just gonna be Burnett. Everyday Eddie was released after two innings of spring training work.
Don’t cry for Eddie, though. He throws baseballs with his left arm, and that’s the closest thing to guaranteed employment this side of Dennis Van Roekel’s deepest fantasies.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105