Mar 12, 2010, 1:13 AM EDT
Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz showed off his acting chops on Wednesday with a cameo on Comedy Central’s Tosh.o show.
He played, shockingly, a pitcher, and did not have any lines. Even he admitted it was a pretty easy gig.
“It was fun,” Buchholz said. “It wasn’t like I had to do much acting, I just had to throw a few pitches.”
In fact, Buchholz was upstaged quite nicely by a 3-year-old girl. The girl in question became an Internet sensation last season when, while attending a Phillies game with her father, she took a foul ball that had been snared by her dad and promptly threw it back onto the field.
Her second 15 minutes of fame came on Wednesday when Daniel Tosh, a comedian and the host of Tosh.o, gave the girl a chance at redemption. He taught her which items were OK to throw back onto the field (John Mayer CDs) and which should be kept (wads of cash).
Buchholz then makes his cameo, for which he will surely earn an Emmy nomination. Watch the video below.
|Web Redemption – Phillies Fan|
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 52
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 12
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 32
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (184)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)