Mar 12, 2010, 1:13 AM EST
Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz showed off his acting chops on Wednesday with a cameo on Comedy Central’s Tosh.o show.
He played, shockingly, a pitcher, and did not have any lines. Even he admitted it was a pretty easy gig.
“It was fun,” Buchholz said. “It wasn’t like I had to do much acting, I just had to throw a few pitches.”
In fact, Buchholz was upstaged quite nicely by a 3-year-old girl. The girl in question became an Internet sensation last season when, while attending a Phillies game with her father, she took a foul ball that had been snared by her dad and promptly threw it back onto the field.
Her second 15 minutes of fame came on Wednesday when Daniel Tosh, a comedian and the host of Tosh.o, gave the girl a chance at redemption. He taught her which items were OK to throw back onto the field (John Mayer CDs) and which should be kept (wads of cash).
Buchholz then makes his cameo, for which he will surely earn an Emmy nomination. Watch the video below.
|Web Redemption – Phillies Fan|
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (162)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)