Mar 12, 2010, 1:13 AM EST
Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz showed off his acting chops on Wednesday with a cameo on Comedy Central’s Tosh.o show.
He played, shockingly, a pitcher, and did not have any lines. Even he admitted it was a pretty easy gig.
“It was fun,” Buchholz said. “It wasn’t like I had to do much acting, I just had to throw a few pitches.”
In fact, Buchholz was upstaged quite nicely by a 3-year-old girl. The girl in question became an Internet sensation last season when, while attending a Phillies game with her father, she took a foul ball that had been snared by her dad and promptly threw it back onto the field.
Her second 15 minutes of fame came on Wednesday when Daniel Tosh, a comedian and the host of Tosh.o, gave the girl a chance at redemption. He taught her which items were OK to throw back onto the field (John Mayer CDs) and which should be kept (wads of cash).
Buchholz then makes his cameo, for which he will surely earn an Emmy nomination. Watch the video below.
|Web Redemption – Phillies Fan|
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)