Mar 12, 2010, 1:13 AM EDT
Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz showed off his acting chops on Wednesday with a cameo on Comedy Central’s Tosh.o show.
He played, shockingly, a pitcher, and did not have any lines. Even he admitted it was a pretty easy gig.
“It was fun,” Buchholz said. “It wasn’t like I had to do much acting, I just had to throw a few pitches.”
In fact, Buchholz was upstaged quite nicely by a 3-year-old girl. The girl in question became an Internet sensation last season when, while attending a Phillies game with her father, she took a foul ball that had been snared by her dad and promptly threw it back onto the field.
Her second 15 minutes of fame came on Wednesday when Daniel Tosh, a comedian and the host of Tosh.o, gave the girl a chance at redemption. He taught her which items were OK to throw back onto the field (John Mayer CDs) and which should be kept (wads of cash).
Buchholz then makes his cameo, for which he will surely earn an Emmy nomination. Watch the video below.
|Web Redemption – Phillies Fan|
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)