Mar 12, 2010, 1:13 AM EST
Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz showed off his acting chops on Wednesday with a cameo on Comedy Central’s Tosh.o show.
He played, shockingly, a pitcher, and did not have any lines. Even he admitted it was a pretty easy gig.
“It was fun,” Buchholz said. “It wasn’t like I had to do much acting, I just had to throw a few pitches.”
In fact, Buchholz was upstaged quite nicely by a 3-year-old girl. The girl in question became an Internet sensation last season when, while attending a Phillies game with her father, she took a foul ball that had been snared by her dad and promptly threw it back onto the field.
Her second 15 minutes of fame came on Wednesday when Daniel Tosh, a comedian and the host of Tosh.o, gave the girl a chance at redemption. He taught her which items were OK to throw back onto the field (John Mayer CDs) and which should be kept (wads of cash).
Buchholz then makes his cameo, for which he will surely earn an Emmy nomination. Watch the video below.
|Web Redemption – Phillies Fan|
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)