Mar 12, 2010, 3:44 PM EDT
Last week two Indians players went down with injuries during the same workout and now we know the damage.
Outfield prospect Jordan Brown will miss 4-8 weeks following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. Brown was competing for a bench job following a breakout 2009 season in the minors, but instead the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick will head back to Triple-A after rehabbing.
Jason Grilli will likely miss the entire season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn right quadriceps muscle, which is a tough blow for the 33-year-old former No. 4 overall pick turned journeyman who was trying to win a spot in the Indians’ bullpen on a minor-league contract.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17