Mar 12, 2010, 3:44 PM EST
Last week two Indians players went down with injuries during the same workout and now we know the damage.
Outfield prospect Jordan Brown will miss 4-8 weeks following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. Brown was competing for a bench job following a breakout 2009 season in the minors, but instead the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick will head back to Triple-A after rehabbing.
Jason Grilli will likely miss the entire season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn right quadriceps muscle, which is a tough blow for the 33-year-old former No. 4 overall pick turned journeyman who was trying to win a spot in the Indians’ bullpen on a minor-league contract.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 3
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)