Mar 12, 2010, 3:44 PM EDT
Last week two Indians players went down with injuries during the same workout and now we know the damage.
Outfield prospect Jordan Brown will miss 4-8 weeks following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. Brown was competing for a bench job following a breakout 2009 season in the minors, but instead the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick will head back to Triple-A after rehabbing.
Jason Grilli will likely miss the entire season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn right quadriceps muscle, which is a tough blow for the 33-year-old former No. 4 overall pick turned journeyman who was trying to win a spot in the Indians’ bullpen on a minor-league contract.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 11
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 96
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (96)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)