Mar 12, 2010, 3:44 PM EST
Last week two Indians players went down with injuries during the same workout and now we know the damage.
Outfield prospect Jordan Brown will miss 4-8 weeks following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. Brown was competing for a bench job following a breakout 2009 season in the minors, but instead the 26-year-old former fourth-round pick will head back to Triple-A after rehabbing.
Jason Grilli will likely miss the entire season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn right quadriceps muscle, which is a tough blow for the 33-year-old former No. 4 overall pick turned journeyman who was trying to win a spot in the Indians’ bullpen on a minor-league contract.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)