Mar 12, 2010, 9:06 PM EST
Just because it doesn’t count doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
Jair Jurrjens, who already had his spring debut pushed back because of a rainout on Thursday, tossed two innings of scoreless ball against the Pirates on Friday before the game was called due to rain.
Jurrjens threw 29 pitches over the two innings, 18 of them for strikes. He even struck out Andrew McCutchen looking on three pitches to start the game.
“I just wanted to throw strikes,” Jurrjens said. “My main concern was
to throw strikes and make it through it as quick as I could.”
As long as there’s no problems with his shoulder, Jurrjens will start on short rest against the Marlins on Tuesday.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)