Mar 12, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockies announced Friday that they’ll hold Dante Bichette day to honor the former slugger.
We’ll let the Denver Post’s Troy Renck take it from here:
The Rockies are honoring Dante Bichette on April 26, marking the 15-year-anniversary of his christening of Coors Field with a walk-off home run.
Bichette, a four-time all-star, hit .299 with 274 home runs and 1,141 RBIs in his career. He was a fan favorite, attracting a cult following with his movie-star good lucks (sic) and goofy personality.
Pic taken from SoSH
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)