Mar 12, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockies announced Friday that they’ll hold Dante Bichette day to honor the former slugger.
We’ll let the Denver Post’s Troy Renck take it from here:
The Rockies are honoring Dante Bichette on April 26, marking the 15-year-anniversary of his christening of Coors Field with a walk-off home run.
Bichette, a four-time all-star, hit .299 with 274 home runs and 1,141 RBIs in his career. He was a fan favorite, attracting a cult following with his movie-star good lucks (sic) and goofy personality.
Pic taken from SoSH
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)