Mar 12, 2010, 5:28 PM EST
The Rockies announced Friday that they’ll hold Dante Bichette day to honor the former slugger.
We’ll let the Denver Post’s Troy Renck take it from here:
The Rockies are honoring Dante Bichette on April 26, marking the 15-year-anniversary of his christening of Coors Field with a walk-off home run.
Bichette, a four-time all-star, hit .299 with 274 home runs and 1,141 RBIs in his career. He was a fan favorite, attracting a cult following with his movie-star good lucks (sic) and goofy personality.
Pic taken from SoSH
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)