Mar 12, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
The Rockies announced Friday that they’ll hold Dante Bichette day to honor the former slugger.
We’ll let the Denver Post’s Troy Renck take it from here:
The Rockies are honoring Dante Bichette on April 26, marking the 15-year-anniversary of his christening of Coors Field with a walk-off home run.
Bichette, a four-time all-star, hit .299 with 274 home runs and 1,141 RBIs in his career. He was a fan favorite, attracting a cult following with his movie-star good lucks (sic) and goofy personality.
Pic taken from SoSH
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 20
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 76
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (77)