Mar 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill is opening near Fenway Park next week with a twist.
It’s selling season tickets.
a one-time $500 fee, patrons will get a guaranteed table during Red Sox
games. A same “ticket” for Patriots games costs $350 and $250 for
Rovell notes that it’s not really a bad deal, financially speaking, because Remy’s gives out $25 food and drink coupons for each game, meaning that you can make your money back after 20 games. Well, the money for the ticket anyway. I’m sure your gross beer tab will skyrocket if you get one of these things. And there’s the cost of the angioplasty, liver transplant, etc.
And of course, you still have to explain to your wife why you’re spending three hours a night, several nights a week at a sports bar. But hey, if she can’t understand your dedication then maybe she doesn’t truly love you. Ever think of that?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)