Mar 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill is opening near Fenway Park next week with a twist.
It’s selling season tickets.
a one-time $500 fee, patrons will get a guaranteed table during Red Sox
games. A same “ticket” for Patriots games costs $350 and $250 for
Rovell notes that it’s not really a bad deal, financially speaking, because Remy’s gives out $25 food and drink coupons for each game, meaning that you can make your money back after 20 games. Well, the money for the ticket anyway. I’m sure your gross beer tab will skyrocket if you get one of these things. And there’s the cost of the angioplasty, liver transplant, etc.
And of course, you still have to explain to your wife why you’re spending three hours a night, several nights a week at a sports bar. But hey, if she can’t understand your dedication then maybe she doesn’t truly love you. Ever think of that?
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)