Mar 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill is opening near Fenway Park next week with a twist.
It’s selling season tickets.
a one-time $500 fee, patrons will get a guaranteed table during Red Sox
games. A same “ticket” for Patriots games costs $350 and $250 for
Rovell notes that it’s not really a bad deal, financially speaking, because Remy’s gives out $25 food and drink coupons for each game, meaning that you can make your money back after 20 games. Well, the money for the ticket anyway. I’m sure your gross beer tab will skyrocket if you get one of these things. And there’s the cost of the angioplasty, liver transplant, etc.
And of course, you still have to explain to your wife why you’re spending three hours a night, several nights a week at a sports bar. But hey, if she can’t understand your dedication then maybe she doesn’t truly love you. Ever think of that?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)