Mar 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill is opening near Fenway Park next week with a twist.
It’s selling season tickets.
a one-time $500 fee, patrons will get a guaranteed table during Red Sox
games. A same “ticket” for Patriots games costs $350 and $250 for
Rovell notes that it’s not really a bad deal, financially speaking, because Remy’s gives out $25 food and drink coupons for each game, meaning that you can make your money back after 20 games. Well, the money for the ticket anyway. I’m sure your gross beer tab will skyrocket if you get one of these things. And there’s the cost of the angioplasty, liver transplant, etc.
And of course, you still have to explain to your wife why you’re spending three hours a night, several nights a week at a sports bar. But hey, if she can’t understand your dedication then maybe she doesn’t truly love you. Ever think of that?
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (154)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)