Mar 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill is opening near Fenway Park next week with a twist.
It’s selling season tickets.
a one-time $500 fee, patrons will get a guaranteed table during Red Sox
games. A same “ticket” for Patriots games costs $350 and $250 for
Rovell notes that it’s not really a bad deal, financially speaking, because Remy’s gives out $25 food and drink coupons for each game, meaning that you can make your money back after 20 games. Well, the money for the ticket anyway. I’m sure your gross beer tab will skyrocket if you get one of these things. And there’s the cost of the angioplasty, liver transplant, etc.
And of course, you still have to explain to your wife why you’re spending three hours a night, several nights a week at a sports bar. But hey, if she can’t understand your dedication then maybe she doesn’t truly love you. Ever think of that?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)