Mar 12, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
I figured I’d have to jump through 50 hoops this morning in order to get my refund for last night’s rainout, but this email just popped into my box:
Your credit card will automatically be
credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to
your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.35 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable.
Given that it’s the Yankees and Tickermaster we’re talking about here I didn’t expect that I’d have to do . . . nothing.
Of course, why they charged me “processing fees” and “service charges” despite the fact that I printed out the ticket myself and never interacted with a human being is an open question, but I’m in a good mood today and will refrain from attacking big monopolistic ripoff artists until, I dunno, next week.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)