White Sox won't let Ozzie have his own website

Mar 12, 2010, 12:46 PM EST

Ozzie Guillen has racked up nearly 40,000 followers in just three weeks on Twitter, but the White Sox apparently squashed the manager’s plans for a personal website.
I’ll let Guillen explain:

It was something we tried to do, and Major League Baseball was going to help us. All of a sudden the front-office people didn’t want to have me in the middle of stuff, and I have to respect that. It was a personal thing I was going to talk about baseball on. The White Sox weren’t comfortable with me doing it, they didn’t say no, but they weren’t comfortable. That’s why I backed off.

What a shame. General manager Ken Williams seems particularly annoyed by his manager’s interest in social media and certainly Guillen is prone to say just about anything, but so far he’s avoided any controversy on Twitter while still entertaining nearly as many people as the White Sox’s ballpark holds.
Here’s a sampling of his tweets from yesterday alone:

I hate the trafic I arizona aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is crazy I thought the gas cost a lot money to many car lord

I want a corona polar presidente now please this trafic lord

Big reazon to love my boat no trafic in the ocean

I want my cabo boat working hard to get my cabo 52 yessssssss

I wish I have my bike in this moment

I going to get my chevy help me suv ?

The wings vegasa yesssasa

Most of his tweets so far have been complaints about traffic, thoughts about the art of barbequing, and interesting ways to spell the word “yes.” In other words he’s basically just the average Twitter user, except with slightly better spelling and grammar.
My tweets aren’t nearly as interesting as Guillen’s, but you can find me on Twitter too. Yessssssss!

1. Jamie - Mar 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I bet Ozzie’s website would be a lot like http://www.greggzaun.com, but with more beer and cockfighting.

2. carlos - Mar 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM

The White Sox have robbed us of a great treasure today. A Guillen website would be only slightly less entertaining than his own reality show.

3. joeiscool12 - Mar 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Ozzie’s best tweet yet: “Magic larry great rival great basketball ever”

4. Old Gator - Mar 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM

“Big reazon to love my boat no trafic in the ocean”
    Uh huh. Tell that to the passengers and crew of the Andrea Doria and the MS Stockholm. I suspect that the White Sox front office was right in this case; Ozzie would have become drunk with illiteracy and his maiden voyage would have been a disaster.

5. Ozzie - Mar 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

You like no my website, White Sox internet tweetstering bad man.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5388)