Mar 12, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
It was something we tried to do, and Major League Baseball was going to help us. All of a sudden the front-office people didn’t want to have me in the middle of stuff, and I have to respect that. It was a personal thing I was going to talk about baseball on. The White Sox weren’t comfortable with me doing it, they didn’t say no, but they weren’t comfortable. That’s why I backed off.
What a shame. General manager Ken Williams seems particularly annoyed by his manager’s interest in social media and certainly Guillen is prone to say just about anything, but so far he’s avoided any controversy on Twitter while still entertaining nearly as many people as the White Sox’s ballpark holds.
Here’s a sampling of his tweets from yesterday alone:
I hate the trafic I arizona aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This is crazy I thought the gas cost a lot money to many car lord
I want a corona polar presidente now please this trafic lord
Big reazon to love my boat no trafic in the ocean
I want my cabo boat working hard to get my cabo 52 yessssssss
I wish I have my bike in this moment
I going to get my chevy help me suv ?
The wings vegasa yesssasa
Most of his tweets so far have been complaints about traffic, thoughts about the art of barbequing, and interesting ways to spell the word “yes.” In other words he’s basically just the average Twitter user, except with slightly better spelling and grammar.
My tweets aren’t nearly as interesting as Guillen’s, but you can find me on Twitter too. Yessssssss!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)