Mar 12, 2010, 12:46 PM EST
It was something we tried to do, and Major League Baseball was going to help us. All of a sudden the front-office people didn’t want to have me in the middle of stuff, and I have to respect that. It was a personal thing I was going to talk about baseball on. The White Sox weren’t comfortable with me doing it, they didn’t say no, but they weren’t comfortable. That’s why I backed off.
What a shame. General manager Ken Williams seems particularly annoyed by his manager’s interest in social media and certainly Guillen is prone to say just about anything, but so far he’s avoided any controversy on Twitter while still entertaining nearly as many people as the White Sox’s ballpark holds.
Here’s a sampling of his tweets from yesterday alone:
I hate the trafic I arizona aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This is crazy I thought the gas cost a lot money to many car lord
I want a corona polar presidente now please this trafic lord
Big reazon to love my boat no trafic in the ocean
I want my cabo boat working hard to get my cabo 52 yessssssss
I wish I have my bike in this moment
I going to get my chevy help me suv ?
The wings vegasa yesssasa
Most of his tweets so far have been complaints about traffic, thoughts about the art of barbequing, and interesting ways to spell the word “yes.” In other words he’s basically just the average Twitter user, except with slightly better spelling and grammar.
My tweets aren’t nearly as interesting as Guillen’s, but you can find me on Twitter too. Yessssssss!
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)