Mar 12, 2010, 12:46 PM EDT
It was something we tried to do, and Major League Baseball was going to help us. All of a sudden the front-office people didn’t want to have me in the middle of stuff, and I have to respect that. It was a personal thing I was going to talk about baseball on. The White Sox weren’t comfortable with me doing it, they didn’t say no, but they weren’t comfortable. That’s why I backed off.
What a shame. General manager Ken Williams seems particularly annoyed by his manager’s interest in social media and certainly Guillen is prone to say just about anything, but so far he’s avoided any controversy on Twitter while still entertaining nearly as many people as the White Sox’s ballpark holds.
Here’s a sampling of his tweets from yesterday alone:
I hate the trafic I arizona aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This is crazy I thought the gas cost a lot money to many car lord
I want a corona polar presidente now please this trafic lord
Big reazon to love my boat no trafic in the ocean
I want my cabo boat working hard to get my cabo 52 yessssssss
I wish I have my bike in this moment
I going to get my chevy help me suv ?
The wings vegasa yesssasa
Most of his tweets so far have been complaints about traffic, thoughts about the art of barbequing, and interesting ways to spell the word “yes.” In other words he’s basically just the average Twitter user, except with slightly better spelling and grammar.
My tweets aren’t nearly as interesting as Guillen’s, but you can find me on Twitter too. Yessssssss!
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)