Mar 13, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera will miss up to a week because of a strained left groin muscle.
Cabrera suffered the injury while diving back into third base on a pickoff throw during Friday’s game against the Angels. According to Hoynes, Cabrera is expected to be held out of all drills for the next two or three days.
Cabrera, 24, batted .308/.361/.438 with six homers, 68 RBI, 17 stolen bases and 81 runs scored for the Indians in ’09. As mentioned a few weeks ago, he is expected to bat leadoff for Manny Acta this season.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 43
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)