Mar 13, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera will miss up to a week because of a strained left groin muscle.
Cabrera suffered the injury while diving back into third base on a pickoff throw during Friday’s game against the Angels. According to Hoynes, Cabrera is expected to be held out of all drills for the next two or three days.
Cabrera, 24, batted .308/.361/.438 with six homers, 68 RBI, 17 stolen bases and 81 runs scored for the Indians in ’09. As mentioned a few weeks ago, he is expected to bat leadoff for Manny Acta this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)