Mar 13, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera will miss up to a week because of a strained left groin muscle.
Cabrera suffered the injury while diving back into third base on a pickoff throw during Friday’s game against the Angels. According to Hoynes, Cabrera is expected to be held out of all drills for the next two or three days.
Cabrera, 24, batted .308/.361/.438 with six homers, 68 RBI, 17 stolen bases and 81 runs scored for the Indians in ’09. As mentioned a few weeks ago, he is expected to bat leadoff for Manny Acta this season.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)