Mar 13, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera will miss up to a week because of a strained left groin muscle.
Cabrera suffered the injury while diving back into third base on a pickoff throw during Friday’s game against the Angels. According to Hoynes, Cabrera is expected to be held out of all drills for the next two or three days.
Cabrera, 24, batted .308/.361/.438 with six homers, 68 RBI, 17 stolen bases and 81 runs scored for the Indians in ’09. As mentioned a few weeks ago, he is expected to bat leadoff for Manny Acta this season.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)