Mar 13, 2010, 9:37 AM EDT
Yeah, that guy.
Kris Benson threw for Diamondbacks officials on Friday as the club explores ways to increase depth in their starting rotation. Multiple sources have told Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that Brandon Webb will almost certainly start the season on the disabled list as he rehabs his surgically-repaired right shoulder.
So what better guy to sign than Benson, who hasn’t made 30 starts in a season since 2006? The former No. 1 pick opened last season in the Rangers’ starting rotation, but quickly hit the disabled list with elbow tendinitis. He posted an 8.46 ERA and 2.01 WHIP in eight appearances (two starts) and was off the club’s 40-man roster by June.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 7
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)