Mar 13, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that second baseman Ian Kinsler will miss at least a week because of a high right ankle sprain. Kinsler was a late scratch from Friday’s lineup against the Padres after turning his ankle during pregame warm-ups.
Durrett reports that assistant general manager Thad Levine was surprised by the diagnosis since Kinsler said the ankle didn’t feel that bad.
Kinsler, 27, batted .253/.327/.488 with 31 homers, 86 RBI and 31 stolen bases last season. While he’s arguably the game’s best second baseman outside of Chase Utley, Kinsler has had stints on the disabled list in each of the past four seasons.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit