Mar 13, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that second baseman Ian Kinsler will miss at least a week because of a high right ankle sprain. Kinsler was a late scratch from Friday’s lineup against the Padres after turning his ankle during pregame warm-ups.
Durrett reports that assistant general manager Thad Levine was surprised by the diagnosis since Kinsler said the ankle didn’t feel that bad.
Kinsler, 27, batted .253/.327/.488 with 31 homers, 86 RBI and 31 stolen bases last season. While he’s arguably the game’s best second baseman outside of Chase Utley, Kinsler has had stints on the disabled list in each of the past four seasons.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)