Mar 13, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that second baseman Ian Kinsler will miss at least a week because of a high right ankle sprain. Kinsler was a late scratch from Friday’s lineup against the Padres after turning his ankle during pregame warm-ups.
Durrett reports that assistant general manager Thad Levine was surprised by the diagnosis since Kinsler said the ankle didn’t feel that bad.
Kinsler, 27, batted .253/.327/.488 with 31 homers, 86 RBI and 31 stolen bases last season. While he’s arguably the game’s best second baseman outside of Chase Utley, Kinsler has had stints on the disabled list in each of the past four seasons.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)