Mar 13, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that second baseman Ian Kinsler will miss at least a week because of a high right ankle sprain. Kinsler was a late scratch from Friday’s lineup against the Padres after turning his ankle during pregame warm-ups.
Durrett reports that assistant general manager Thad Levine was surprised by the diagnosis since Kinsler said the ankle didn’t feel that bad.
Kinsler, 27, batted .253/.327/.488 with 31 homers, 86 RBI and 31 stolen bases last season. While he’s arguably the game’s best second baseman outside of Chase Utley, Kinsler has had stints on the disabled list in each of the past four seasons.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)