Mar 14, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
Royals manager Trey Hillman told the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton on Sunday that outfielder Rick Ankiel could require another week of recovery for his sore right ankle. There’s no reason to panic just yet, but Ankiel needs all the work he can get. The 30-year-old batted just .231 with a .285 on-base percentage last season and struck out 99 times in 372 at-bats. He inked a one-year, $3.25 million contract this winter and is expected to start in center field for the Royals in 2010.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)