Mar 14, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Dodgers have been in Taiwan for close to a week, trying to spread the good word about baseball. Manny Ramirez even made the trip and collected three hits Saturday as the group of MLB players defeated a Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) All-Star team 11-1 in exhibition play. It was the final game of a scheduled three-match trip, though only two games were actually played. James Loney also had a productive day, as did native son Chin-Lung Hu.
Jon Weisman of ESPN Los Angeles has a full recap of the day’s action.
The Dodgers are scheduled to return to the states early next week for a slate of spring games against the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, Padres and Rangers (in that order).
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)