Mar 14, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Dodgers have been in Taiwan for close to a week, trying to spread the good word about baseball. Manny Ramirez even made the trip and collected three hits Saturday as the group of MLB players defeated a Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) All-Star team 11-1 in exhibition play. It was the final game of a scheduled three-match trip, though only two games were actually played. James Loney also had a productive day, as did native son Chin-Lung Hu.
Jon Weisman of ESPN Los Angeles has a full recap of the day’s action.
The Dodgers are scheduled to return to the states early next week for a slate of spring games against the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, Padres and Rangers (in that order).
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)