Mar 14, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Dodgers have been in Taiwan for close to a week, trying to spread the good word about baseball. Manny Ramirez even made the trip and collected three hits Saturday as the group of MLB players defeated a Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) All-Star team 11-1 in exhibition play. It was the final game of a scheduled three-match trip, though only two games were actually played. James Loney also had a productive day, as did native son Chin-Lung Hu.
Jon Weisman of ESPN Los Angeles has a full recap of the day’s action.
The Dodgers are scheduled to return to the states early next week for a slate of spring games against the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, Padres and Rangers (in that order).
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20