Mar 14, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Dodgers have been in Taiwan for close to a week, trying to spread the good word about baseball. Manny Ramirez even made the trip and collected three hits Saturday as the group of MLB players defeated a Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) All-Star team 11-1 in exhibition play. It was the final game of a scheduled three-match trip, though only two games were actually played. James Loney also had a productive day, as did native son Chin-Lung Hu.
Jon Weisman of ESPN Los Angeles has a full recap of the day’s action.
The Dodgers are scheduled to return to the states early next week for a slate of spring games against the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, Padres and Rangers (in that order).
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105