Mar 14, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
The Dodgers have been in Taiwan for close to a week, trying to spread the good word about baseball. Manny Ramirez even made the trip and collected three hits Saturday as the group of MLB players defeated a Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) All-Star team 11-1 in exhibition play. It was the final game of a scheduled three-match trip, though only two games were actually played. James Loney also had a productive day, as did native son Chin-Lung Hu.
Jon Weisman of ESPN Los Angeles has a full recap of the day’s action.
The Dodgers are scheduled to return to the states early next week for a slate of spring games against the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, Padres and Rangers (in that order).
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)