Mar 15, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Down in Fort Meyers, Mike Lowell will be getting a start against the Orioles this afternoon. As will Adrian Beltre. How? Mike Lowell is starting at first base. It’s his first action at first since he played in the minors in 1998.
Who knows how he feels about it, but whether this is to hone his skills as a super-ute or to showcase his versatility for a trade, Lowell is going to have to get used to this kind of thing.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 0
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)