Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Michael Young fan, but that could change:
Young wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing on a cool Sunday morning on the Rangers’ back fields.
So he took the mound and beckoned catcher Emerson Frostad to get in his
crouch. Veteran catcher Toby Hall stood in the batter’s box and Young
let it fly. No radar gun around but a serious popping in Frostad’s
glove as Young brought the heat . . . After throwing a dozen fastballs, Young broke out the knuckleball. Seriously, Young can throw a knuckleball with little rotation and definite movement.
This kind of stuff is awesome. At least until the exact moment that you have to put your starting third baseman on the DL due to a sore elbow.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)