Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Michael Young fan, but that could change:
Young wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing on a cool Sunday morning on the Rangers’ back fields.
So he took the mound and beckoned catcher Emerson Frostad to get in his
crouch. Veteran catcher Toby Hall stood in the batter’s box and Young
let it fly. No radar gun around but a serious popping in Frostad’s
glove as Young brought the heat . . . After throwing a dozen fastballs, Young broke out the knuckleball. Seriously, Young can throw a knuckleball with little rotation and definite movement.
This kind of stuff is awesome. At least until the exact moment that you have to put your starting third baseman on the DL due to a sore elbow.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)