Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Michael Young fan, but that could change:
Young wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing on a cool Sunday morning on the Rangers’ back fields.
So he took the mound and beckoned catcher Emerson Frostad to get in his
crouch. Veteran catcher Toby Hall stood in the batter’s box and Young
let it fly. No radar gun around but a serious popping in Frostad’s
glove as Young brought the heat . . . After throwing a dozen fastballs, Young broke out the knuckleball. Seriously, Young can throw a knuckleball with little rotation and definite movement.
This kind of stuff is awesome. At least until the exact moment that you have to put your starting third baseman on the DL due to a sore elbow.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 62
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 78
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)