Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Michael Young fan, but that could change:
Young wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing on a cool Sunday morning on the Rangers’ back fields.
So he took the mound and beckoned catcher Emerson Frostad to get in his
crouch. Veteran catcher Toby Hall stood in the batter’s box and Young
let it fly. No radar gun around but a serious popping in Frostad’s
glove as Young brought the heat . . . After throwing a dozen fastballs, Young broke out the knuckleball. Seriously, Young can throw a knuckleball with little rotation and definite movement.
This kind of stuff is awesome. At least until the exact moment that you have to put your starting third baseman on the DL due to a sore elbow.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)