Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Michael Young fan, but that could change:
Young wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing on a cool Sunday morning on the Rangers’ back fields.
So he took the mound and beckoned catcher Emerson Frostad to get in his
crouch. Veteran catcher Toby Hall stood in the batter’s box and Young
let it fly. No radar gun around but a serious popping in Frostad’s
glove as Young brought the heat . . . After throwing a dozen fastballs, Young broke out the knuckleball. Seriously, Young can throw a knuckleball with little rotation and definite movement.
This kind of stuff is awesome. At least until the exact moment that you have to put your starting third baseman on the DL due to a sore elbow.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)