MLB and Victoria's Secret team up to bring you silly clothes

Mar 15, 2010, 2:15 PM EST

MLB and Victoria’s Secret are teaming up to sell licensed clothing to young women under the “Pink” label.  As Maury describes:

“The collection showcases VS PINK’s highly recognizable brand
iconography with fun sayings like “I only kiss Padres fans” or “Love
Love Love Twins”, and boasts cute zip-pocket tees, crystallized caps,
baseball jerseys, as well as stylish and comfortable hoodies, tanks,
sweats, shorts and more.”

1. IdahoMariner - Mar 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM

“Female baseball fans who want to buy logo-merchandise that doesn’t condescend to them as shallow, luv-crazy juveniles can presumably still purchase products at MLB.com.”
    Thank you, Craig. This kind of thing makes me crazy…it’s reassuring when a guy gets that this is condescending crap.

2. Charles Gates - Mar 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM

These will be the perfect garments for female fans who have a crush on a pro baseball player.

3. OsandRoyals - Mar 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I’m pretty sure the pink label is Victoria Secret’s teen or tweener label. Hence the juvenile feel is exactly what they’re going for. If they were making them for adults I would be considerably more concerned.

4. Joey B - Mar 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Yup, gotta agree. Most men and women look better in regular clothes anyway. And so much of the stuff that is supposed to look ‘sexy’, is so unflattering that it’s scary. A belly shirt can look mighty fine, but the number of woman that can get away with it are few and far between. Same with guys. Unless you’re one of the select few, just dress regular. One vote for jeans, sneakers, a team cap and seatshirt. Make it pink if you want, but the regular colors work just as well.

5. Old Gator - Mar 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Just one question: is Victoria’s Secret going to airbrush all the nipples off of their Twins jerseys the way they do off of everything else? And then what happens when it gets really cold in that roofless meatlocker of a stadium of theirs?

6. Mary - Mar 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Have you guys seen the merchandise? It’s not pink in color…it matches the team colors and is very cute. I’m a huge baseball fan and hate the women’s jersey’s they sell at MLB.com or in the parks, and the light pink hats are ridiculous. I want something my team’s color that fits women. And no I’m not a “luv-crazy juvenile” either….I’m a happily married, 30 something that loves baseball and is thrilled that VS has made a cute line of MLB clothes! The White Sox and Cubs clothes are adorable!

7. Allie - Mar 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I agree with Mary. I’m a die hard Twins fan, and happen to find the new clothes to be feminine and cute. And no, I’m not a fan because I think Joe Mauer is, like, totally hot. Most of MLB’s female clothing is ill-fitting and sometimes, borderline tacky. This line is a nice alternative.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester