Mar 15, 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
2:25 P.M.: Latest update: the Phillies are calling it a “sprained knee.” Polanco says “I don’t think it’s too bad.” Phillies say he’s day to day and suspect that he’ll miss 2-3 days.
1:59 P.M.: The word from the Phillies on Polanco is “strained right knee.”
Maybe I mentioned Cody Ransom too soon. Bad news from Clearwater via Todd Zolecki:
Polanco has hurt himself trying to catch a pop fly on the mound. He’s getting checked out . . . Polanco is being helped off the field and is headed to the clubhouse.
Here’s hoping it’s not serious. Mike Lowell: you may want to keep your third base glove handy.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)