Mar 15, 2010, 2:56 PM EST
2:25 P.M.: Latest update: the Phillies are calling it a “sprained knee.” Polanco says “I don’t think it’s too bad.” Phillies say he’s day to day and suspect that he’ll miss 2-3 days.
1:59 P.M.: The word from the Phillies on Polanco is “strained right knee.”
Maybe I mentioned Cody Ransom too soon. Bad news from Clearwater via Todd Zolecki:
Polanco has hurt himself trying to catch a pop fly on the mound. He’s getting checked out . . . Polanco is being helped off the field and is headed to the clubhouse.
Here’s hoping it’s not serious. Mike Lowell: you may want to keep your third base glove handy.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15