Mar 15, 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
2:25 P.M.: Latest update: the Phillies are calling it a “sprained knee.” Polanco says “I don’t think it’s too bad.” Phillies say he’s day to day and suspect that he’ll miss 2-3 days.
1:59 P.M.: The word from the Phillies on Polanco is “strained right knee.”
Maybe I mentioned Cody Ransom too soon. Bad news from Clearwater via Todd Zolecki:
Polanco has hurt himself trying to catch a pop fly on the mound. He’s getting checked out . . . Polanco is being helped off the field and is headed to the clubhouse.
Here’s hoping it’s not serious. Mike Lowell: you may want to keep your third base glove handy.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)