Mar 15, 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
2:25 P.M.: Latest update: the Phillies are calling it a “sprained knee.” Polanco says “I don’t think it’s too bad.” Phillies say he’s day to day and suspect that he’ll miss 2-3 days.
1:59 P.M.: The word from the Phillies on Polanco is “strained right knee.”
Maybe I mentioned Cody Ransom too soon. Bad news from Clearwater via Todd Zolecki:
Polanco has hurt himself trying to catch a pop fly on the mound. He’s getting checked out . . . Polanco is being helped off the field and is headed to the clubhouse.
Here’s hoping it’s not serious. Mike Lowell: you may want to keep your third base glove handy.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 32
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 42
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 139
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)