Mar 15, 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
2:25 P.M.: Latest update: the Phillies are calling it a “sprained knee.” Polanco says “I don’t think it’s too bad.” Phillies say he’s day to day and suspect that he’ll miss 2-3 days.
1:59 P.M.: The word from the Phillies on Polanco is “strained right knee.”
Maybe I mentioned Cody Ransom too soon. Bad news from Clearwater via Todd Zolecki:
Polanco has hurt himself trying to catch a pop fly on the mound. He’s getting checked out . . . Polanco is being helped off the field and is headed to the clubhouse.
Here’s hoping it’s not serious. Mike Lowell: you may want to keep your third base glove handy.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)