Mar 15, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Thinking of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry as the Cold War, this little episode doesn’t exactly rank up there with the formation of the Warsaw Pact or the Cuban Missile Crisis. As far as provocations go it’s somewhere between Lyndon Johnson sending the Marines to the Dominican Republic to fight communists in 1965 and the North Koreans capturing the U.S.S. Pueblo.
Wait, it’s not even on that level. This is more Nikita Koloff’s face-turn to join forces with Dusty Rhodes against his Uncle Ivan and Krusher Khrushchev.
This will all be more fully explained when my nine-volume history of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry comes out next year. It will be turned into a documentary narrated by Morgan Freeman. True story.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)