Mar 15, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Don’t pay attention to spring training stats, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, but it’s probably worth noting that Ben Sheets just got knocked out of the game against the Reds. His line: 10 runs, 8 hits, 1 walk, no one retired. Repeat: no one retired.
Of course, only nine of those runs were earned so it was, like, a totally deceiving line.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (71)