Comment of the Day: In which my evil plot is uncovered

Mar 16, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT

I’ve come to the conclusion a long time ago that Craig is a big fan of one of the aforementioned steroid cheats.  I’m not sure which one. He’s upset that said cheat won’t be voted into the Hall of Fame and is on a mission to clear the cheat’s name by muddying the waters and implicating every baseball player (past and present) so that people throw their hands up and say, “ENOUGH!”  Let everyone go into the Hall.

Seeing as Craig writes an almost daily article about steroid abuse in baseball, almost always siding with the abusers, his agenda is clear. I won’t let him do it.  Not without a fight.

Evan in the HGH thread. On the one hand I’m worried that someone is getting wise to my nefarious plot. On the other hand, what good is it being a super villain if you don’t have a super hero trying to stop you?

1. YankeesfanLen - Mar 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Sign me up for your agenda, any Universe member past or present (well, maybe not Farnsworth or Pavano) has only one mission, that was well articulated in the Bill Parcells post.

2. scatterbrian - Mar 16, 2010 at 6:18 PM

His agenda is The Clear?!

3. motherscratcher - Mar 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM

This might be the bestest comment of the day ever!
    Bless us…everyone.

4. Tom - Mar 16, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Well, Evan probably has some truth buried deep in there. Unfortunately I don’t think people really have an idea of what percentage of players used steroids over the past 20 or so years. I’m guessing it well over half and probably closer to 75% or higher. They catch a ton of athletes in other sports where they are really serious about drug-testing (cycling, track and field). So in sports where they don’t particularly care if you take steroids imagine what percentage are taking them.

5. Old Gator - Mar 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Another evil plot? Craig, didn’t you learn your lesson at the Winter Palace?

6. MarlinFishywater - Mar 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Sounds about right.

7. Simon DelMonte - Mar 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM

So are you going to join the Legion of Doom? If you do, can we get an invite to that really cool HQ of theirs?

8. Jonny5 - Mar 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Well my attempt to draw Evan off topic with talk of Marijuana and prostitution just didn’t work well at all. Apparently my co-conspiracy with the evil Calcaterra backfired. I think it may be time to dust off the Shrinking ray and track this goody goody Evan down. Muhahahahahahaha http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/Johnny5.jpg

9. Kid Charlemagne - Mar 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM

We understand, Craig. Alex Sanchez broke your heart. It happens to us all.

10. michael standish - Mar 17, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I hope I’m not lettin’ no cats outta no bags, but Old Gator should know that The Shyster don’t need no stinkin’ lessons from the Winter Palace: Ever since he started loading up on the PEDs he’s been able to take more bullets than effing Rasputin.
    Also, his paragraphs have gotten much bigger and stronger.

11. MarlinFishywater - Mar 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Didn’t you just recently call Willy Mays a serial cheater? That comment would seem to support Evan’s argument.

12. The Rabbit - Mar 17, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Craig, You can’t possibly have an evil plot. I view you as Fox Mulder without the paranoia. Of course, you aren’t paranoid if they are out to get you.
    I was highly amused by the following comment “…a big fan of one of the aforementioned steroid cheats. I’m not sure which one.”
    After years of service in corporate America and time spent in politics/public office(with time off for good behavior) I’ve found that “cheating” is beatified by the powers that be and an American culture that values money above all else. How else can you explain Donald Trump and certain political figures with whom you, Old Gator, and I would agree?
    It’s not my style but I understand it. People do whatever it takes. It is certainly less offensive in athletic endeavors than the corporate/political world where large numbers of people are negatively impacted by the actions of greed…and you don’t see the outrage except when there is personal impact. It just boggles the mind.

13. Rays fan - Mar 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM

@ The Rabbit–a psychiatrist friend of mine once told me “Just because everyone is out to get you does not mean that you aren’t paranoid.”
    Poor Evan, I did try to tell him when he posted that comment that Craig’s frequent poking fun at BBWAA voters is not a likely way to succeed in a nefarious plot to get the “roiders” in.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet