Mar 16, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Dunn had to leave today’s Nats-Marlins game due to back spasms. According to Bill Ladson, he hurt his back trying to make a defensive play in the top of the second inning.
Dunn says he’ll be fine and will probably play tomorrow, but add this to the ever-growing list of bad things that have happened as a result of Adam Dunn being forced to play defense. The list of good things that have happened will begin to be compiled the moment anything good happens.
Those alien archaeologists I mentioned in the Snuggie post? Yeah, well, they’ll have historian friends with them who will spend years trying to figure out how it was that Adam Dunn played thousands of baseball games in his career without ever being a member of an American League team.
Wait, that’s not true. Beings that perfect interstellar travel will have highly advanced, highly rational minds. The sort of minds that will never consider that a major sports league created something as ridiculously awful as the designated hitter.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)