Mar 16, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
Jed Lowrie has been sidelined for the past four days because of a so-called “mystery” illness that sapped his energy and accelerated his heart rate.
He underwent a stress test and various blood work yesterday and has apparently been cleared of anything serious, with Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reporting that he “could resume some activities today.”
“Hopefully what ends up happening is he was just sick and didn’t tolerate it real well,” manager Terry Francona said. “I don’t think you can be too careful.”
Between last year’s wrist problems and his current health issues things certainly haven’t been easy for Lowrie, but he remains the heavy favorite to be the Red Sox’s primary backup infielder.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)