Mar 16, 2010, 8:46 PM EDT
Hold the panic White Sox fans, Jake Peavy says he’s OK after he was involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
The right-hander, who is looking forward to having a full, healthy season in Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that he was barely “tapped” by a driver who didn’t brake in time.
Earlier in the day, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Tweeted that Peavy was “shaken,” had suffered a cut on his neck from his seatbelt, and that his car was “totaled.”
The Tribune, though, reported that Peavy shrugged off the accident and looked healthy. That had to be a relief, especially considering Peavy’s injury problems last season when he made just 16 starts, three after the White Sox acquired him from San Diego. Chicago is counting on Peavy to help give the White Sox a rotation that can compete with the favored Twins in the AL Central.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 39
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)