Mar 16, 2010, 8:46 PM EDT
Hold the panic White Sox fans, Jake Peavy says he’s OK after he was involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
The right-hander, who is looking forward to having a full, healthy season in Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that he was barely “tapped” by a driver who didn’t brake in time.
Earlier in the day, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Tweeted that Peavy was “shaken,” had suffered a cut on his neck from his seatbelt, and that his car was “totaled.”
The Tribune, though, reported that Peavy shrugged off the accident and looked healthy. That had to be a relief, especially considering Peavy’s injury problems last season when he made just 16 starts, three after the White Sox acquired him from San Diego. Chicago is counting on Peavy to help give the White Sox a rotation that can compete with the favored Twins in the AL Central.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 8
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 79
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)