Mar 16, 2010, 8:46 PM EST
Hold the panic White Sox fans, Jake Peavy says he’s OK after he was involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
The right-hander, who is looking forward to having a full, healthy season in Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that he was barely “tapped” by a driver who didn’t brake in time.
Earlier in the day, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Tweeted that Peavy was “shaken,” had suffered a cut on his neck from his seatbelt, and that his car was “totaled.”
The Tribune, though, reported that Peavy shrugged off the accident and looked healthy. That had to be a relief, especially considering Peavy’s injury problems last season when he made just 16 starts, three after the White Sox acquired him from San Diego. Chicago is counting on Peavy to help give the White Sox a rotation that can compete with the favored Twins in the AL Central.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)