Mar 16, 2010, 8:46 PM EDT
Hold the panic White Sox fans, Jake Peavy says he’s OK after he was involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
The right-hander, who is looking forward to having a full, healthy season in Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that he was barely “tapped” by a driver who didn’t brake in time.
Earlier in the day, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Tweeted that Peavy was “shaken,” had suffered a cut on his neck from his seatbelt, and that his car was “totaled.”
The Tribune, though, reported that Peavy shrugged off the accident and looked healthy. That had to be a relief, especially considering Peavy’s injury problems last season when he made just 16 starts, three after the White Sox acquired him from San Diego. Chicago is counting on Peavy to help give the White Sox a rotation that can compete with the favored Twins in the AL Central.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)