Mar 16, 2010, 8:46 PM EDT
Hold the panic White Sox fans, Jake Peavy says he’s OK after he was involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
The right-hander, who is looking forward to having a full, healthy season in Chicago, told the Chicago Tribune that he was barely “tapped” by a driver who didn’t brake in time.
Earlier in the day, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Tweeted that Peavy was “shaken,” had suffered a cut on his neck from his seatbelt, and that his car was “totaled.”
The Tribune, though, reported that Peavy shrugged off the accident and looked healthy. That had to be a relief, especially considering Peavy’s injury problems last season when he made just 16 starts, three after the White Sox acquired him from San Diego. Chicago is counting on Peavy to help give the White Sox a rotation that can compete with the favored Twins in the AL Central.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (187)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)