Mar 16, 2010, 6:55 PM EST
“I’m Jewish. I can be bought. But he likes litigation. We’ll see what happens.”
– Jamie McCourt, joking about the ongoing saga over the ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers during a Monday luncheon put on by Women’s Philanthropy of the Jewish Federation of Orange County, California.
In other news, Jamie McCourt’s publicity campaign in which she casts herself as a poor victim is starting wear really, really thin.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)