Mar 16, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
John Smoltz was forced into the broadcast booth, but everyone’s favorite Knight of the Netherlands/problem drinker/starting pitcher, Sidney Ponson, has landed a job. He has signed a deal with the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League. OK, I suppose they would have taken Smoltz over Ponson if the former would have made himself available, but the point is that Ponson will be throwing live pitches this spring and Smoltz won’t be, and there’s something wrong with that on a cosmic level.
Is this the beginning of Sidney Ponson’s epic comeback? Fans of all 30 teams certainly hope not.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)