Mar 16, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
John Smoltz was forced into the broadcast booth, but everyone’s favorite Knight of the Netherlands/problem drinker/starting pitcher, Sidney Ponson, has landed a job. He has signed a deal with the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League. OK, I suppose they would have taken Smoltz over Ponson if the former would have made himself available, but the point is that Ponson will be throwing live pitches this spring and Smoltz won’t be, and there’s something wrong with that on a cosmic level.
Is this the beginning of Sidney Ponson’s epic comeback? Fans of all 30 teams certainly hope not.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 3
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)