Mar 16, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Stuff like this post — looking at all the preseason annuals like Sporting News and Athlon, and determining whether their choices of the face of each franchise as evidenced by the cover photos they use makes rational sense — is why I keep Wezen-Ball bookmarked and you should too.
Anyone can tell you who won and who lost yesterday. Wezen-Ball tells you interesting stuff that you had no idea that you really needed to know until after you read it.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)