Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
There was a reason the Phillies didn’t want to include Domonic Brown in the Roy Halladay trade. He’s really good, see, as evidenced by the fact that he went 3-for-3 with two home runs and four RBIs against the Tigers yesterday. One of the homers came off Justin Verlander.
Big celebration after the game? Nah: he got sent down to the minors. Which is what happens when you’re a raw-ish prospect on a team loaded with veteran talent. He ain’t beating out Jayson Werth or Raul Ibanez for a spot in the Phillies outfield after all. Needs some more time in the oven.
But the more he impresses this year, the better the Phillies will feel about dealing with Werth’s impending free agency.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)