Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 AM EST
There was a reason the Phillies didn’t want to include Domonic Brown in the Roy Halladay trade. He’s really good, see, as evidenced by the fact that he went 3-for-3 with two home runs and four RBIs against the Tigers yesterday. One of the homers came off Justin Verlander.
Big celebration after the game? Nah: he got sent down to the minors. Which is what happens when you’re a raw-ish prospect on a team loaded with veteran talent. He ain’t beating out Jayson Werth or Raul Ibanez for a spot in the Phillies outfield after all. Needs some more time in the oven.
But the more he impresses this year, the better the Phillies will feel about dealing with Werth’s impending free agency.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15