Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
There was a reason the Phillies didn’t want to include Domonic Brown in the Roy Halladay trade. He’s really good, see, as evidenced by the fact that he went 3-for-3 with two home runs and four RBIs against the Tigers yesterday. One of the homers came off Justin Verlander.
Big celebration after the game? Nah: he got sent down to the minors. Which is what happens when you’re a raw-ish prospect on a team loaded with veteran talent. He ain’t beating out Jayson Werth or Raul Ibanez for a spot in the Phillies outfield after all. Needs some more time in the oven.
But the more he impresses this year, the better the Phillies will feel about dealing with Werth’s impending free agency.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20