Mar 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Like me, friend of the blog The Common Man laments the lack of good nicknames in baseball these days. And like me, he likes beer. Putting those two things together has led him to bestow the nickname “Red Meance” on Reds’ outfielder Jay Bruce.
It’s a more in-depth and nuanced appellation than the mere reference to the Reds might make it seem. Highly recommended reading.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 26
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (112)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)