Mar 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Like me, friend of the blog The Common Man laments the lack of good nicknames in baseball these days. And like me, he likes beer. Putting those two things together has led him to bestow the nickname “Red Meance” on Reds’ outfielder Jay Bruce.
It’s a more in-depth and nuanced appellation than the mere reference to the Reds might make it seem. Highly recommended reading.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)