Mar 17, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Like me, friend of the blog The Common Man laments the lack of good nicknames in baseball these days. And like me, he likes beer. Putting those two things together has led him to bestow the nickname “Red Meance” on Reds’ outfielder Jay Bruce.
It’s a more in-depth and nuanced appellation than the mere reference to the Reds might make it seem. Highly recommended reading.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)