Mar 17, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
From the Department of Stuff You Never Expected a Few Months Ago comes Carlos Silva: starting pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. Looks like it’s gonna happen, as Silva threw four scoreless innings yesterday. In fact, he hasn’t allowed a run in his last seven innings.
Ted Lilly’s injury is obviously a contributor here, but between the presence of Jeff Samardzija, Sean Marshall and Tom Gorzelanny, and the inescapable vortex of suck that has been Carlos Silva the past couple of years, most people probably wouldn’t have bet on Silva taking the mound to start a game in 2010.
Well, his mom might have. And if you believe this article from the Sun Times, the presence of his mom has a little something to do with how well Silva’s been pitching lately. Awwww.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)