Mar 17, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
From the Department of Stuff You Never Expected a Few Months Ago comes Carlos Silva: starting pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. Looks like it’s gonna happen, as Silva threw four scoreless innings yesterday. In fact, he hasn’t allowed a run in his last seven innings.
Ted Lilly’s injury is obviously a contributor here, but between the presence of Jeff Samardzija, Sean Marshall and Tom Gorzelanny, and the inescapable vortex of suck that has been Carlos Silva the past couple of years, most people probably wouldn’t have bet on Silva taking the mound to start a game in 2010.
Well, his mom might have. And if you believe this article from the Sun Times, the presence of his mom has a little something to do with how well Silva’s been pitching lately. Awwww.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8