Mar 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
Well, he’s going to be on a blog — Ben Goessling’s MASN blog — doing Q&As, taking reader questions and stuff like that. It will be a weekly feature.
The only interesting front office blog or blog-like experience I’ve really ever seen was Padre assistant GM Paul DePodesta’s, which was kind of interesting for a while, then slowed way down last summer, and now appears to be dead, not having been updated since December. I suppose it’s possible that Rizzo will break out all wild and crazy-like on Goessling’s blog, but given that this appears to be nothing more than regularly scheduled interviews as opposed a real blog, I’m not counting on it.
But one of these days a GM, agent, manager or someone like that will truly figure out how to harness blogs and social media in a way that (a) gives the fans a truly fresh insight into what goes on inside baseball; while (b) not crossing some line that makes PR professionals cringe. When that happens we’ll finally get to see something new.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)