Mar 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Well, he’s going to be on a blog — Ben Goessling’s MASN blog — doing Q&As, taking reader questions and stuff like that. It will be a weekly feature.
The only interesting front office blog or blog-like experience I’ve really ever seen was Padre assistant GM Paul DePodesta’s, which was kind of interesting for a while, then slowed way down last summer, and now appears to be dead, not having been updated since December. I suppose it’s possible that Rizzo will break out all wild and crazy-like on Goessling’s blog, but given that this appears to be nothing more than regularly scheduled interviews as opposed a real blog, I’m not counting on it.
But one of these days a GM, agent, manager or someone like that will truly figure out how to harness blogs and social media in a way that (a) gives the fans a truly fresh insight into what goes on inside baseball; while (b) not crossing some line that makes PR professionals cringe. When that happens we’ll finally get to see something new.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)