Mar 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Well, he’s going to be on a blog — Ben Goessling’s MASN blog — doing Q&As, taking reader questions and stuff like that. It will be a weekly feature.
The only interesting front office blog or blog-like experience I’ve really ever seen was Padre assistant GM Paul DePodesta’s, which was kind of interesting for a while, then slowed way down last summer, and now appears to be dead, not having been updated since December. I suppose it’s possible that Rizzo will break out all wild and crazy-like on Goessling’s blog, but given that this appears to be nothing more than regularly scheduled interviews as opposed a real blog, I’m not counting on it.
But one of these days a GM, agent, manager or someone like that will truly figure out how to harness blogs and social media in a way that (a) gives the fans a truly fresh insight into what goes on inside baseball; while (b) not crossing some line that makes PR professionals cringe. When that happens we’ll finally get to see something new.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (234)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)