Mar 17, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Well, he’s going to be on a blog — Ben Goessling’s MASN blog — doing Q&As, taking reader questions and stuff like that. It will be a weekly feature.
The only interesting front office blog or blog-like experience I’ve really ever seen was Padre assistant GM Paul DePodesta’s, which was kind of interesting for a while, then slowed way down last summer, and now appears to be dead, not having been updated since December. I suppose it’s possible that Rizzo will break out all wild and crazy-like on Goessling’s blog, but given that this appears to be nothing more than regularly scheduled interviews as opposed a real blog, I’m not counting on it.
But one of these days a GM, agent, manager or someone like that will truly figure out how to harness blogs and social media in a way that (a) gives the fans a truly fresh insight into what goes on inside baseball; while (b) not crossing some line that makes PR professionals cringe. When that happens we’ll finally get to see something new.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)