Mar 17, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
According to an annual report on workplace productivity the NCAA tournament is expected to cost the United States’ economy approximately $1.8 billion in lost production. Yes, that’s “billion” with a “b.” Oh, and that total only accounts for the first week of March Madness.
We here at NBCSports.com would really like to see that number top $2 billion, which is why you should fill out a bracket (or another bracket) and join our “It’s Madness” game to compete for individual prizes and let us manage your entire office pool.
I’m planning to lose at least an hour of production tomorrow and am shooting for more like two hours on Friday when my beloved Gophers play, and having my bracket and results available online to stare at all day will really help me reach those goals. Sign up and join me!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)