Mar 17, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
According to an annual report on workplace productivity the NCAA tournament is expected to cost the United States’ economy approximately $1.8 billion in lost production. Yes, that’s “billion” with a “b.” Oh, and that total only accounts for the first week of March Madness.
We here at NBCSports.com would really like to see that number top $2 billion, which is why you should fill out a bracket (or another bracket) and join our “It’s Madness” game to compete for individual prizes and let us manage your entire office pool.
I’m planning to lose at least an hour of production tomorrow and am shooting for more like two hours on Friday when my beloved Gophers play, and having my bracket and results available online to stare at all day will really help me reach those goals. Sign up and join me!
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)