Mar 17, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what Bill James looks like, sounds like, and thinks like, check out the video of Geoff Baker from the Seattle Times interviewing him for over an hour yesterday.
Some really interesting stuff, including James’ thoughts on the current state of sabermetrics (a word he literally invented), the Mariners’ chances this season, Edgar Martinez’s case for the Hall of Fame, and what the next frontier in baseball analysis might be.
James often comes across as introverted, particularly on camera, but Baker did a nice job turning the show into more of a conversation than an interview and I actually watched the whole thing live from start to finish.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)