Mar 17, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
If you’ve ever wondered what Bill James looks like, sounds like, and thinks like, check out the video of Geoff Baker from the Seattle Times interviewing him for over an hour yesterday.
Some really interesting stuff, including James’ thoughts on the current state of sabermetrics (a word he literally invented), the Mariners’ chances this season, Edgar Martinez’s case for the Hall of Fame, and what the next frontier in baseball analysis might be.
James often comes across as introverted, particularly on camera, but Baker did a nice job turning the show into more of a conversation than an interview and I actually watched the whole thing live from start to finish.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)