Mar 17, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
If you’ve ever wondered what Bill James looks like, sounds like, and thinks like, check out the video of Geoff Baker from the Seattle Times interviewing him for over an hour yesterday.
Some really interesting stuff, including James’ thoughts on the current state of sabermetrics (a word he literally invented), the Mariners’ chances this season, Edgar Martinez’s case for the Hall of Fame, and what the next frontier in baseball analysis might be.
James often comes across as introverted, particularly on camera, but Baker did a nice job turning the show into more of a conversation than an interview and I actually watched the whole thing live from start to finish.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)