Mar 18, 2010, 10:28 AM EST
The Cardinals have dropped hints that if Albert Pujols wants to become the game’s highest-paid player, it won’t be able to afford him, writes Joe Strauss within this Q and A.
That would be based on internal conversations.
Oh, in that Q&A, Strauss says that he thinks that Pujols’ chances of staying with the Cardinals are “greater than 20 percent.” Not exactly a confidence builder, is it? Anyone? Anyone?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)