Mar 18, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Amazing stuff from Tigers camp: Armando Galarraga is optioned to Toledo. Dontrelle Willis today: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2K. For the spring D-Train has allowed only five hits and one earned run in ten innings pitched.
A month ago, Willis said he was utterly lost. He called himself “terrible” and gave no indication that he was doing anything other than showing up to camp as his contract requires before silently bowing out of baseball. Now? He could make the Tigers rotation.
Baseball is full of boring players. When he’s functioning properly, Dontrelle Willis is a joy to watch. I’m hoping like crazy he succeeds.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)