Mar 18, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
Amazing stuff from Tigers camp: Armando Galarraga is optioned to Toledo. Dontrelle Willis today: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2K. For the spring D-Train has allowed only five hits and one earned run in ten innings pitched.
A month ago, Willis said he was utterly lost. He called himself “terrible” and gave no indication that he was doing anything other than showing up to camp as his contract requires before silently bowing out of baseball. Now? He could make the Tigers rotation.
Baseball is full of boring players. When he’s functioning properly, Dontrelle Willis is a joy to watch. I’m hoping like crazy he succeeds.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)