Mar 18, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Amazing stuff from Tigers camp: Armando Galarraga is optioned to Toledo. Dontrelle Willis today: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2K. For the spring D-Train has allowed only five hits and one earned run in ten innings pitched.
A month ago, Willis said he was utterly lost. He called himself “terrible” and gave no indication that he was doing anything other than showing up to camp as his contract requires before silently bowing out of baseball. Now? He could make the Tigers rotation.
Baseball is full of boring players. When he’s functioning properly, Dontrelle Willis is a joy to watch. I’m hoping like crazy he succeeds.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)