Mar 18, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Amazing stuff from Tigers camp: Armando Galarraga is optioned to Toledo. Dontrelle Willis today: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2K. For the spring D-Train has allowed only five hits and one earned run in ten innings pitched.
A month ago, Willis said he was utterly lost. He called himself “terrible” and gave no indication that he was doing anything other than showing up to camp as his contract requires before silently bowing out of baseball. Now? He could make the Tigers rotation.
Baseball is full of boring players. When he’s functioning properly, Dontrelle Willis is a joy to watch. I’m hoping like crazy he succeeds.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)