Mar 18, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Sky Kalkman at ESPN’s TMI blog (really?) has run the numbers, and thinks this is the optimal Yankees lineup for 2010:
1. Nick Johnson
2. Mark Teixeira
3. Curtis Granderson
4. Alex Rodriguez
5. Robinson Cano
6. Derek Jeter
7. Nick Swisher
8. Jorge Posada
9. Brett Gardner
My sources tell me that Mr. Kalkman has been placed in protective custody so that no small-ball lovers and/or Derek Jeter fanboys will be able to do him bodily harm for disrespecting their particular crushes so thoroughly and completely.
But everyone should really relax because we’ll never see that lineup. Joe Girardi is angling for a new contract this year. The only thing that would better ensure his departure than batting The Captain 6th would be turning heel, smacking John Sterling with a metal chair during an interview, and donning a Red Sox Mexican wrestling mask while making devil horns or something.
No, forget that. A lot of people would dig the whole hitting-Sterling-with-a-chair/devil horns thing. Batting Jeter 6th would be the ultimate career suicide.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)