Mar 18, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
As related by Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning news, today Jon Daniels denied that a former Rangers employee ever tried to use knowledge of Ron
Washington’s drug test as leverage to improve a severance package or
get a recommendation for future employment, denied that the club ever felt extorted or blackmailed, and said that the police were never contacted. Now, those questions were put to Daniels via email using basically that language, so it’s possible that the behavior described there doesn’t cover what Galloway was working off, but for that to be the case, Daniels would have to be engaging in some pretty lawyerly language-parsing.
So it looks like it’s Galloway’s move. He’s either got to explain his blackmail story further or else he owes an apology — at least — to Jon Heyman’s source for claiming that he was engaged in criminal activity.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 55
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 215
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (219)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)