Mar 18, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
As related by Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning news, today Jon Daniels denied that a former Rangers employee ever tried to use knowledge of Ron
Washington’s drug test as leverage to improve a severance package or
get a recommendation for future employment, denied that the club ever felt extorted or blackmailed, and said that the police were never contacted. Now, those questions were put to Daniels via email using basically that language, so it’s possible that the behavior described there doesn’t cover what Galloway was working off, but for that to be the case, Daniels would have to be engaging in some pretty lawyerly language-parsing.
So it looks like it’s Galloway’s move. He’s either got to explain his blackmail story further or else he owes an apology — at least — to Jon Heyman’s source for claiming that he was engaged in criminal activity.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20