Mar 18, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
As related by Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning news, today Jon Daniels denied that a former Rangers employee ever tried to use knowledge of Ron
Washington’s drug test as leverage to improve a severance package or
get a recommendation for future employment, denied that the club ever felt extorted or blackmailed, and said that the police were never contacted. Now, those questions were put to Daniels via email using basically that language, so it’s possible that the behavior described there doesn’t cover what Galloway was working off, but for that to be the case, Daniels would have to be engaging in some pretty lawyerly language-parsing.
So it looks like it’s Galloway’s move. He’s either got to explain his blackmail story further or else he owes an apology — at least — to Jon Heyman’s source for claiming that he was engaged in criminal activity.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)