Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
So much ink has been spilled on Gary Matthews Jr., Angel Pagan and Fernando Martinez in recent weeks that it’s been easy to forget that Carlos Beltran ain’t dead, he’s just recovering. And now we have a general idea of his return: early May, according to the Daily News.
Well, early-May-ish. He hasn’t started full baseball activities yet, and won’t until “sometime in April.” If everything goes OK it’s early May. Any setbacks and it gets pushed. But nothing in this world is certain, so even a quasi-firm date for Beltran’s return represents good news for people who like to see good baseball players roam major league centerfields and not Gary Matthews Jr.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)