Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
So much ink has been spilled on Gary Matthews Jr., Angel Pagan and Fernando Martinez in recent weeks that it’s been easy to forget that Carlos Beltran ain’t dead, he’s just recovering. And now we have a general idea of his return: early May, according to the Daily News.
Well, early-May-ish. He hasn’t started full baseball activities yet, and won’t until “sometime in April.” If everything goes OK it’s early May. Any setbacks and it gets pushed. But nothing in this world is certain, so even a quasi-firm date for Beltran’s return represents good news for people who like to see good baseball players roam major league centerfields and not Gary Matthews Jr.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)