Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
So much ink has been spilled on Gary Matthews Jr., Angel Pagan and Fernando Martinez in recent weeks that it’s been easy to forget that Carlos Beltran ain’t dead, he’s just recovering. And now we have a general idea of his return: early May, according to the Daily News.
Well, early-May-ish. He hasn’t started full baseball activities yet, and won’t until “sometime in April.” If everything goes OK it’s early May. Any setbacks and it gets pushed. But nothing in this world is certain, so even a quasi-firm date for Beltran’s return represents good news for people who like to see good baseball players roam major league centerfields and not Gary Matthews Jr.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 13
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)