Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
So much ink has been spilled on Gary Matthews Jr., Angel Pagan and Fernando Martinez in recent weeks that it’s been easy to forget that Carlos Beltran ain’t dead, he’s just recovering. And now we have a general idea of his return: early May, according to the Daily News.
Well, early-May-ish. He hasn’t started full baseball activities yet, and won’t until “sometime in April.” If everything goes OK it’s early May. Any setbacks and it gets pushed. But nothing in this world is certain, so even a quasi-firm date for Beltran’s return represents good news for people who like to see good baseball players roam major league centerfields and not Gary Matthews Jr.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)