Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
So much ink has been spilled on Gary Matthews Jr., Angel Pagan and Fernando Martinez in recent weeks that it’s been easy to forget that Carlos Beltran ain’t dead, he’s just recovering. And now we have a general idea of his return: early May, according to the Daily News.
Well, early-May-ish. He hasn’t started full baseball activities yet, and won’t until “sometime in April.” If everything goes OK it’s early May. Any setbacks and it gets pushed. But nothing in this world is certain, so even a quasi-firm date for Beltran’s return represents good news for people who like to see good baseball players roam major league centerfields and not Gary Matthews Jr.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)