Mar 19, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
MASNSports.com’s Roch Kubatko reports that Brian Roberts has been cleared to resume “baseball-related activities” after getting an epidural shot Monday for the herniated disk in his back.
I’ll do a little bit of everything. Nothing too crazy yet. A little bit of moving around and running, field a ground ball or two, try to hit off a team. Progress from there for a few days. I should know something in three or four days.
Roberts is definitely no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day and previous reports suggested that he also might be limited to part-time duty initially once he’s feeling good enough to play.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles