Mar 19, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
MASNSports.com’s Roch Kubatko reports that Brian Roberts has been cleared to resume “baseball-related activities” after getting an epidural shot Monday for the herniated disk in his back.
I’ll do a little bit of everything. Nothing too crazy yet. A little bit of moving around and running, field a ground ball or two, try to hit off a team. Progress from there for a few days. I should know something in three or four days.
Roberts is definitely no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day and previous reports suggested that he also might be limited to part-time duty initially once he’s feeling good enough to play.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)