Mar 19, 2010, 3:48 PM EST
MASNSports.com’s Roch Kubatko reports that Brian Roberts has been cleared to resume “baseball-related activities” after getting an epidural shot Monday for the herniated disk in his back.
I’ll do a little bit of everything. Nothing too crazy yet. A little bit of moving around and running, field a ground ball or two, try to hit off a team. Progress from there for a few days. I should know something in three or four days.
Roberts is definitely no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day and previous reports suggested that he also might be limited to part-time duty initially once he’s feeling good enough to play.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 3
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 53
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)