Mar 19, 2010, 3:48 PM EST
MASNSports.com’s Roch Kubatko reports that Brian Roberts has been cleared to resume “baseball-related activities” after getting an epidural shot Monday for the herniated disk in his back.
I’ll do a little bit of everything. Nothing too crazy yet. A little bit of moving around and running, field a ground ball or two, try to hit off a team. Progress from there for a few days. I should know something in three or four days.
Roberts is definitely no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day and previous reports suggested that he also might be limited to part-time duty initially once he’s feeling good enough to play.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)