Mar 19, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
MASNSports.com’s Roch Kubatko reports that Brian Roberts has been cleared to resume “baseball-related activities” after getting an epidural shot Monday for the herniated disk in his back.
I’ll do a little bit of everything. Nothing too crazy yet. A little bit of moving around and running, field a ground ball or two, try to hit off a team. Progress from there for a few days. I should know something in three or four days.
Roberts is definitely no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day and previous reports suggested that he also might be limited to part-time duty initially once he’s feeling good enough to play.
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 3
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)