Mar 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Jim Reeves of ESPNDallas asked this question yesterday in the wake of Ron Washington’s cocaine revelation:
This begs the question: How can Washington manage others when he can’t manage himself?
The Common Man answers that question with his typical thoroughness. Your must-read of the day.
I’m not condoning Washington’s behavior or anything, but if you’re going to tut-tut it you should at least have a sense of where the transgression falls on the continuum of poor managerial behavior. Booze killed Billy Martin’s career and then literally killed him. Washington may have partied like a rock star in his Anaheim hotel room, but Tony La Russa got behind the wheel of a car after drinking. Perspective people.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 8
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)