Mar 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
Someone hit one of the Pirates’ team buses while it was heading back from Ft. Myers to Bradenton on I-75 yesterday. Not major, and Dejan Kovacevic makes a point of noting that the bus didn’t have any players on it.
Good to hear everyone is OK, but really, it may have been worse that it was the non-player bus was hit. Why? Because that team employee who was up in the press box when I was there last week was probably on the bus that was involved in an accident. Most of the Pittsburgh roster is replaceable, but that guy is seven shades of awesome. If he was hurt the wheels might fall off.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (87)