Mar 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Someone hit one of the Pirates’ team buses while it was heading back from Ft. Myers to Bradenton on I-75 yesterday. Not major, and Dejan Kovacevic makes a point of noting that the bus didn’t have any players on it.
Good to hear everyone is OK, but really, it may have been worse that it was the non-player bus was hit. Why? Because that team employee who was up in the press box when I was there last week was probably on the bus that was involved in an accident. Most of the Pittsburgh roster is replaceable, but that guy is seven shades of awesome. If he was hurt the wheels might fall off.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)