Mar 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Someone hit one of the Pirates’ team buses while it was heading back from Ft. Myers to Bradenton on I-75 yesterday. Not major, and Dejan Kovacevic makes a point of noting that the bus didn’t have any players on it.
Good to hear everyone is OK, but really, it may have been worse that it was the non-player bus was hit. Why? Because that team employee who was up in the press box when I was there last week was probably on the bus that was involved in an accident. Most of the Pittsburgh roster is replaceable, but that guy is seven shades of awesome. If he was hurt the wheels might fall off.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)