Mar 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Someone hit one of the Pirates’ team buses while it was heading back from Ft. Myers to Bradenton on I-75 yesterday. Not major, and Dejan Kovacevic makes a point of noting that the bus didn’t have any players on it.
Good to hear everyone is OK, but really, it may have been worse that it was the non-player bus was hit. Why? Because that team employee who was up in the press box when I was there last week was probably on the bus that was involved in an accident. Most of the Pittsburgh roster is replaceable, but that guy is seven shades of awesome. If he was hurt the wheels might fall off.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)