Mar 19, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Tommy Hunter was scratched from yesterday’s scheduled start after straining his left oblique during pregame warmups:
I was feeling strong in the bullpen. Throwing great. I was spotting a perfect game, a no-hitter in the bullpen. Then I went, “Oh poop,” and said all kinds of choice words.
Right, like “oh poop.”
Hunter and his filthy mouth had been the favorites for the Rangers’ fourth-starter gig, but now he’s expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks and oblique strains often linger beyond the initial recovery timetables.
Assistant general manager Thad Levine gave Hunter merely “an outside chance” of being ready for his first scheduled turn in the rotation on April 9 against the Mariners, likely leaving either C.J. Wilson or Matt Harrison to fill in. Wilson is trying a move to the rotation after five years in the bullpen and Harrison is coming back from surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)