Mar 19, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Vin Scully’s statement upon being released from the hospital today:
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I apologize for any concern that I caused. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game, my first of the Spring. Thank you and see you at the Stadium!
Vin Scully falls and hurts himself and apologizes to us. Ernie Harwell gets inoperable cancer and constantly comforts all of us over his impending death. If it had happened to them, Baby Boomers would have been filing lawsuits and people my age and younger would be writing 10,000 word blog posts about how the experience made us feel on a deep, personal level.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m beginning to buy into this Greatest Generation stuff just a wee little bit.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)