Mar 19, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Vin Scully’s statement upon being released from the hospital today:
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I apologize for any concern that I caused. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game, my first of the Spring. Thank you and see you at the Stadium!
Vin Scully falls and hurts himself and apologizes to us. Ernie Harwell gets inoperable cancer and constantly comforts all of us over his impending death. If it had happened to them, Baby Boomers would have been filing lawsuits and people my age and younger would be writing 10,000 word blog posts about how the experience made us feel on a deep, personal level.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m beginning to buy into this Greatest Generation stuff just a wee little bit.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)