Mar 19, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Vin Scully’s statement upon being released from the hospital today:
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I apologize for any concern that I caused. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game, my first of the Spring. Thank you and see you at the Stadium!
Vin Scully falls and hurts himself and apologizes to us. Ernie Harwell gets inoperable cancer and constantly comforts all of us over his impending death. If it had happened to them, Baby Boomers would have been filing lawsuits and people my age and younger would be writing 10,000 word blog posts about how the experience made us feel on a deep, personal level.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m beginning to buy into this Greatest Generation stuff just a wee little bit.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)