Mar 19, 2010, 4:17 PM EST
Vin Scully’s statement upon being released from the hospital today:
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I apologize for any concern that I caused. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game, my first of the Spring. Thank you and see you at the Stadium!
Vin Scully falls and hurts himself and apologizes to us. Ernie Harwell gets inoperable cancer and constantly comforts all of us over his impending death. If it had happened to them, Baby Boomers would have been filing lawsuits and people my age and younger would be writing 10,000 word blog posts about how the experience made us feel on a deep, personal level.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m beginning to buy into this Greatest Generation stuff just a wee little bit.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)