Mar 19, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Vin Scully’s statement upon being released from the hospital today:
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I apologize for any concern that I caused. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game, my first of the Spring. Thank you and see you at the Stadium!
Vin Scully falls and hurts himself and apologizes to us. Ernie Harwell gets inoperable cancer and constantly comforts all of us over his impending death. If it had happened to them, Baby Boomers would have been filing lawsuits and people my age and younger would be writing 10,000 word blog posts about how the experience made us feel on a deep, personal level.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m beginning to buy into this Greatest Generation stuff just a wee little bit.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)