Mar 20, 2010, 9:48 AM EST
Rob Bradford of Boston-based WEEI.com passes along word that the Red Sox have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with reliever Alan Embree. The veteran left-hander posted a 5.84 ERA, a 12/12 K/BB ratio and a 1.62 WHIP in 36 appearances last season for the Rockies before fracturing his tibia in mid-July. He should be fully recovered by now, but he’s a longshot to make Boston’s Opening Day roster. Embree, who turned 40 in late January, is the owner of a 4.59 career ERA and 1.34 career WHIP over 16 seasons.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (89)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)