Mar 21, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka, who has been slowed in camp by a sore neck and back, is scheduled to make his Grapefruit League debut against the Marlins on Thursday (according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal).
Dice-K has been limited to games of catch and bullpen sessions as the Red Sox ease him back to full strength. He won’t be ready for the start of the regular season, but there is some hope that we’ll see him in a Boston uniform by the end of April. The right-hander had an ugly 5.76 ERA and 1.87 WHIP in 12 starts last season and battled Red Sox management over conditioning and rehabilitation issues.
Matsuzaka signed a six-year, $52 million deal with club back in February of 2007.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)