Mar 21, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka, who has been slowed in camp by a sore neck and back, is scheduled to make his Grapefruit League debut against the Marlins on Thursday (according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal).
Dice-K has been limited to games of catch and bullpen sessions as the Red Sox ease him back to full strength. He won’t be ready for the start of the regular season, but there is some hope that we’ll see him in a Boston uniform by the end of April. The right-hander had an ugly 5.76 ERA and 1.87 WHIP in 12 starts last season and battled Red Sox management over conditioning and rehabilitation issues.
Matsuzaka signed a six-year, $52 million deal with club back in February of 2007.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)