Mar 21, 2010, 6:13 PM EDT
Matt Holliday has been sidelined since March 9 with a with an intercostal strain on his right side. He was supposed to return to action last Thursday, but didn’t. He was supposed to return this weekend, but again he did not.
Well, according to Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday will be in the lineup for Monday’s spring exhibition game against the Red Sox and may even play left field. The slugger, who signed a seven-year, $120 million contract extension this winter, participated in intensive batting practice and base-running drills on Saturday and Sunday and was deemed ready for live games by the Cardinals’ medical staff. He told the Post-Dispatch that he will only require 20-to-30 at-bats to get his timing right for the regular season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)