Mar 21, 2010, 6:13 PM EDT
Matt Holliday has been sidelined since March 9 with a with an intercostal strain on his right side. He was supposed to return to action last Thursday, but didn’t. He was supposed to return this weekend, but again he did not.
Well, according to Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday will be in the lineup for Monday’s spring exhibition game against the Red Sox and may even play left field. The slugger, who signed a seven-year, $120 million contract extension this winter, participated in intensive batting practice and base-running drills on Saturday and Sunday and was deemed ready for live games by the Cardinals’ medical staff. He told the Post-Dispatch that he will only require 20-to-30 at-bats to get his timing right for the regular season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona