Mar 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: Pujols went for an MRI exam this afternoon and also had an anti-inflammatory shot in his sore lower back, so he may be out for most of the week.
Albert Pujols was scratched from this afternoon’s lineup with what MLB.com’s Matthew Leach calls “a recurrence of tightness in his lower back.”
No one seems to think Pujols’ back problems are very serious, but given that the injury sidelined him for most of last week and has now caused him to go in and out of the lineup a couple times this spring the situation is certainly worth watching.
Of course, as recently as Friday he felt good enough to smack his first homer of the spring (and first homer, period, since September 9).
The good news for the Cardinals is that Matt Holliday is back in the lineup after being sidelined last week by a strained rib cage.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination