Mar 22, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price reports that Jim Edmonds is surprisingly lukewarm about being a backup outfielder for the Brewers this year.
Edmonds says “some days, driving in, I think [WTF?]” and questions whether the backup job is enough to keep him playing. He rebuffs the suggestion that he’s playing the game because he loves it, saying that it’s a job. He goes on and on about how nice it was going to the beach with his family last summer when he wasn’t playing and wonders, as he’s shagging flies in camp, why he’s not on the beach right now. He says “if the role kind of diminishes, then
I feel like I can just walk away. If it stays true to what they said
and I get a chance to play a lot, then I’m all for it. We’ll see how it
Doesn’t sound much to me like a guy who will be playing in Milwaukee this summer.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)