Natstown?

Mar 22, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT

Red Sox Nation, Yankees Universe, Rays Republic . . . the Nats are content to go with something more modest.

Eh. What about an “Army?”  Worked for Kiss, so you think it would work for a baseball team.

Sorry to be sticking with this subject today, but I don’t have to report

1. Trevor B - Mar 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM

“Sorry to be sticking with this subject today, but I don’t have to report for Death Panel duty until the bill is signed so I’m trying to find something to kill some time.”
    Craig, I am one of your everyday readers. I would hate to have to change that because you bring up propaganda about a very heated subject. Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way, maybe not, but that’s just my two cents if it’s worth it to you.
    P.S. Yay Joe Mauer!

2. Craig Calcaterra - Mar 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Sorry if that bugs you, Trevor. But really, if we can’t laugh at an absurd offshoot of a piece of legislation we’re probably taking politics way too damn seriously in this country.

3. Spidur - Mar 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM

If you’re going to mention Natstown, don’t forget Birdland. Ah, the joys of having both MASN channels.
    (Apologies if I messed up the tags…)

4. IdahoMariner - Mar 22, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I’m an everyday reader, and I say: don’t change, Craig. That was an unexpected, and awesome, laugh for my afternoon.

5. JCD - Mar 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Oh lighten up Trevor, is making a joke at our politicians’ expense now unamerican as well?

6. oko - Mar 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM

as someone who is a fan of the legislation, I thought the first reference was particularly fantastic and hilarious.
    Though I didn’t need anymore. We can turn into many other blogs for politics information.
    captcha: Mr domes

7. YANKEES1996 - Mar 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Trevor for an everyday reader you are touchy. Afterall if we cannot crack jokes about politicians then something has to change, because I am not aware of a group of people who needs to be made fun of more than the politicians in this country.

8. Trevor B - Mar 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Oh I am being light, but at the same time with the recent polital events that cause some heated debate I’d just like to say that although it doesn’t directly help me any that there are millions of people in America who will greatly benefit from this. Also, there are no death panels :-) that just gives me images of the 1913 Boston Braves and their swastika caps haha.

9. oko - Mar 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Omar Minaya
    Westboro Baptist Church People
    Hawk Harrelson
    Al Davis

10. Old Gator - Mar 22, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Maybe we can replace this newfangled instant replay thing with death panels. Umpires would love to serve on them. Hell, I’ll volunteer for those death panels myself if I can use my time as credit against jury duty, and especially if I can have the healthy parts cheap to resell on the transplant organ black market. I could see starting up a back market transplant organ commodity market and being so successful that within a few months I could afford to buy myself some Republican congressmen (Democrats do cost less but have practically no resale value). Anyone wanna get in on the ground floor with ulnar collateral ligament futures?

11. BC - Mar 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Sorry, no one gets an Army who is not a military academy. There is only one “Army” – “Arnie’s Army”. Arnold Palmer is an icon and there shall be no more Army nicknames.
    So for the Nationals… how about the Nationals Nebula? I mean, that’s basically our government for you, up in the stars, detached from reality and spending all its time swirling… Yes? No?
    PS. Loyal member of the KISS Army

12. BC - Mar 22, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Well..
    Tiger Woods (too easy)
    Lindsey Lohan
    Milton Bradley (he cracks me up)
    BC (well, face it, have you read my posts)
    My ex wife
    Jesse James
    (Insert political name here) – I’ll defer
    The Sham Wow Guy
    The entire state of Montana (both people)
    Striped bass
    Meg Ryan
    Whoever invented the colonoscopy
    Sam Shephard
    The woman who plays Flo on the Progressive commercials
    My blackjack dealers last Sunday at Foxwoods
    Northern Iowa Men’s Basketball
    Pat Boone (nothing against him he just needs to be made fun of)
    That dude that won 100,000,000,000,000 dollars on Jeopardy
    Uma Thurman
    The guy that invented the toilet (Thomas Crapper, google it)
    My orthopedist
    The Nevada Golf Team (see the Out Of Bounds Blog on MSNBC)
    Whoever crashed outside of Foxwoods and delayed me last Saturday
    The inventor of Nutella
    Byron Leftwich
    Thus endth the lesson….

13. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Mar 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM

The inventor of Nutella

Dear god, what is wrong with you man? Nutella > all

14. YANKEES1996 - Mar 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM

oko and BC, The list has been duly noted, let the heckling commence!

15. BC - Mar 23, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Personally, I don’t have much idea how striped bass made it on the list. I had the TV on in the background. Maybe a Bassmasters commercial came on, and it was sort of a subliminal thing…

16. Trevor B - Mar 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM