Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Who says you gotta move the Rays out of the AL East? They’re fitting in just fine. WEEI’s Alex Speier just passed along this quote from Joe Madden:
“The Red Sox have got the
Nation. The Yankees have the universe. We’ve created The Rays Republic.”
I like it! But why stop there?
How about the Cubs Constitutional Monarchy! The Athletics Anarchy! The Mariners Military Junta! The Diamondbacks Demarchy! The Giants Gerontocracy would actually be pretty appropriate for that team. As would the Dodgers Kelptocracy. The Orioles Oligarchy! The Twins Timocracy! The possibilities are endless!
Wait, that’s not true. We can pretty much stop this nonsense any time now.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)