Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Who says you gotta move the Rays out of the AL East? They’re fitting in just fine. WEEI’s Alex Speier just passed along this quote from Joe Madden:
“The Red Sox have got the
Nation. The Yankees have the universe. We’ve created The Rays Republic.”
I like it! But why stop there?
How about the Cubs Constitutional Monarchy! The Athletics Anarchy! The Mariners Military Junta! The Diamondbacks Demarchy! The Giants Gerontocracy would actually be pretty appropriate for that team. As would the Dodgers Kelptocracy. The Orioles Oligarchy! The Twins Timocracy! The possibilities are endless!
Wait, that’s not true. We can pretty much stop this nonsense any time now.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)