Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Who says you gotta move the Rays out of the AL East? They’re fitting in just fine. WEEI’s Alex Speier just passed along this quote from Joe Madden:
“The Red Sox have got the
Nation. The Yankees have the universe. We’ve created The Rays Republic.”
I like it! But why stop there?
How about the Cubs Constitutional Monarchy! The Athletics Anarchy! The Mariners Military Junta! The Diamondbacks Demarchy! The Giants Gerontocracy would actually be pretty appropriate for that team. As would the Dodgers Kelptocracy. The Orioles Oligarchy! The Twins Timocracy! The possibilities are endless!
Wait, that’s not true. We can pretty much stop this nonsense any time now.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 59
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 156
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (156)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)