Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Who says you gotta move the Rays out of the AL East? They’re fitting in just fine. WEEI’s Alex Speier just passed along this quote from Joe Madden:
“The Red Sox have got the
Nation. The Yankees have the universe. We’ve created The Rays Republic.”
I like it! But why stop there?
How about the Cubs Constitutional Monarchy! The Athletics Anarchy! The Mariners Military Junta! The Diamondbacks Demarchy! The Giants Gerontocracy would actually be pretty appropriate for that team. As would the Dodgers Kelptocracy. The Orioles Oligarchy! The Twins Timocracy! The possibilities are endless!
Wait, that’s not true. We can pretty much stop this nonsense any time now.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 24
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 133
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (134)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)